INFORMATION ABOUT Tier-based visas

Below is a list of work tiers to keep you informed.

Contact us for FREE advice

Tier 1 General

You can no longer apply or extend this visa in the UK, however members of your family could still apply to join you if you are in the UK.

Tier 1 Entrepeneuer

If you want to set up a business in the UK and have £50,000 in investment funds you may be able to apply for a visa.

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent

If you've been endorsed in your field in science, humanities, engineering, medicine technology, digital technology or the arts as a recognised or emerging leader in the industry you may be eligible for a visa.


You can apply to the Home Office for endorsement and subsequently apply for a visa.

Please reload

Tier 5 Creative and Sporting

This visa is for people in the UK who have been offered work as a creative or sporting worker, you must be internationally established at the highest level and be able to contribute to your sport in the UK.

Tier 5 Religious Worker

If you want to participate in religious work in the UK such as becoming a preacher and you meet the eligibility requirements you can apply for a visa.

Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange

You can apply for Tier 5 government authorised exchange if you're coming to the UK to do work experience, training or research activities through approved schemes.

Please reload

Tier 1 Investor

If you're looking to invest £2 million or more in the UK, you're outside the EEA and Switzerland and you're able to prove that that the money belongs to you, you could be eligible for a visa.

Tier 2 General

This visa if for people who have been offered a skilled job in the UK and who are from outside the EEA and Switzerland.

You also need to be employed by a licensed sponsor, to see this on the UK governments website click here.

Tier 2 Minister of Religion

If you've been offered a job as a member of a faith community such a missionary or a minister, you can get a certificate of sponsorship and may apply for citizenship within the UK.

Please reload

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme

This category allows for 18-30 year olds from countries such as New Zealand, Australia and Canada to travel to the UK and work to fund their visit.

Tier 5 International Agreement

This category applies to people who are visiting the UK to provide services from an international law standpoint, such as members of foreign governments, or if its on behalf of the General Agreement on Trade in Services.

Need more advice?

Contact us for free consultation on what our immigration department can do for you on 01706 711176 or email

Please reload


Tier 2 Sportsperson

This visa is for people who  have been deemed as an elite sportsperson, their sports governing body is endorsing them and their development will contribute to the relevant sport in the UK