Standard visitor visa

Visitor Visa

A foreign national wishing to visit the UK as a tourist or to visit family or friends can do so with a Visitor Visa. The UK Visitor Visa will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 6 months, although you may leave and return to the UK freely while your Visa is in effect. A UK Visitor Visa can be used for leisure purposes, can act as a short term business visa and allow you to come to the UK for private medical treatment.

Non-EEA nationals looking to visit the UK will need a UK Visitor Visa. If you are a Non-EEA national, you may need to complete an online application form on in order to obtain a regular visa. If you are a Swiss National you will not need a Visitor Visa. It is recommended during any visa application, you are supported by legal professionals. ASL are more than happy to help you with your Visitor Visa application.

Application process

The application for a UK Visitor Visa should be submitted to UKVI. The application must include authentic documented proof of your relationship and purpose of visit. You must also establish a reason you must go back to your home country once the period of 6 months is up.

If you are a Non-EEA national, it can take up to 3 weeks to process your application which you may submit between 3 months and 48 hours before the planned travel dates. To ensure this process goes as smoothly and quickly as possible, ASL is here to provide all the necessary help including a fast track application support package

How will we help you?

Applying for a UK Travel Visa is much easier with the help of legal professionals. ASL is dedicated to helping people achieve their goal of travelling to the United Kingdom. We will take away the hassle from you of dealing with complex paperwork and ensure your application journey is as smooth and comfortable as possible.

Our expert lawyers will closely work with you and guide you through the visa application process to ensure that it is filled out to the highest standard, giving you the best chance of a successful application

  • Studying your individual case to determine eligibility and the best path to take
  • Arranging a certificate of sponsorship
  • Liaising with your sponsors in the United Kingdom on your behalf
  • Help fill out all forms and documentation
  • Arrange any cover letters and present your case to the Home Office

It is recommended that you work with legal professionals rather than on your own when applying for a work visa. ASL are more than happy to support you.

Requirements and documentation

Non-EEA nationals will need to provide evidence of activities they plan to do while visiting, whether these are business, leisure or family-related activities and they must also show they plan not to exceed their 6-month stay in the UK. Non-EEA nationals will need to prove they can afford inbound and outbound flights as well as be able to maintain themselves and any dependents financially during their full stay in the UK, without requiring access to public funds.

The applicant must be an immediate or an extended member of the family of a British citizen with a valid reason to visit the United Kingdom. The applicant must be able to establish their purpose to go back to his home country after the allowed visiting period of 6 months is up. There must be no criminal record associated with them in their country or anywhere else including violations of immigration laws. Taking an English proficiency test may also be required depending on the place where he or she is from
In order to obtain a UK Visitor Visa, you must give details of your existing and previous passport numbers or other valid travel identification. Other documentation you may need to provide is not limited; you may bring as much supporting documentation to help your chances such as:

  • Travel documents detailing the dates which you are travelling
  • Details of previous international travel and immigration history.
  • Bank statements to prove you have sufficient funds
  • An estimation for how much your visit will cost

There is other documentation which will help your application process which may be required, however during this tricky stage, it is recommended that you speak to one of our expert solicitors to give you the best chance of successfully applying.

If any of these documents are in a language other than English or Welsh, you will need to provide a professionally translated copy alongside the original documents.

Get in touch with us for expert advice

Travel application can be a daunting process and it is recommended to have expert legal advice. Our expert solicitors will happily consult you. We also have a team of people who speak fluent Urdu and Punjabi to help communicate about our legal services effectively. Call our 24-hour line on 07872504002.