What is permanent residency?
Permanent residency allows a person to live, work and invest in the United Kingdom freely and indefinitely. There are no restrictions forcing a permanent resident to leave the United Kingdom after a certain time period of time. After a continuous residence in the United Kingdom for 3 years, you may apply for permanent residency and in the future, British Citizenship.
Application for permanent residency, like most immigration applications, is stressful, confusing and time-consuming; for this reason, it is important to be guided by immigration focused solicitors.
You will need to fill out a variety of forms, which will be dependent on your individual status and route to the United Kingdom. After forms have been filled out, you will be asked to submit them alongside supporting documentation and administrative fee to help prove your eligibility.
Your application may take some time, but this can be hastened successfully if you present a strong case with authentic documentation.
How Will We Help You?
There are several reasons you should complete your application for permanent residency with the help of legal advisors, in particular: the complexity of forms and the forever changing nature of EU laws, especially with Brexit looming means that application is more difficult than previously.
ASL will take away the hassle from you of dealing with complex paperwork and ensure your application journey is as smooth and comfortable as possible. Our expert lawyers will closely work with you and guide you through the application process to ensure that it is completed to the highest standard giving you the best chance of a success.
- Assess your eligibility status and documents
- Help with the completion of any necessary forms
- Ensure your application is up to the highest standard
- Liaise with the legal authorities on your behalf
- Present your case for you to ensure the best chance of success
- Help you throughout your application
While the list of criteria is not particularly long, with looming changes to immigration laws in the United Kingdom and the complexity and time-consuming nature of application forms, it is highly recommended you seek legal guidance from immigration focused solicitors.
There are certain eligibility criteria in order to achieve permanent residence:
- You should have lived, worked or studied in the United Kingdom for 5 years
- You must be able to provide proof of your income
- You must explain with proof how you have spent time in the United Kingdom
- You must not have criminal convictions in the United Kingdom
- You may be asked to take an English language proficiency test
Get in touch with us for expert advice
Applying for a permanent residency in the UK can be confusing, difficult and time-consuming, so it is recommended to have expert legal advice. Our immigration solicitors will happily consult you. We also have a team of people who speak fluent Urdu and Punjabi to help communicate about our legal services effectively. Call our 24-hour line on 07872504002.